Thursday, April 23, 2015

Art Impressions new challenge and the launch of the new Watercolor Mini Stamps!!


Hello AI Fans!!
 
Today we are celebrating both a new challenge at Art Impressions Blog AND the launch of the new Watercolor Mini Stamps!!
 
Now I must be honest...although I've used the watercolor technique using Copic markers, I have not expanded into the world of watercoloring. I've been wanting to play, so I did have some supplies already purchased. But probably 99% of you out there know how that story goes. We purchase with every good intention, and then the purchase sits, waiting patiently for us to do something with it. So this challenge made me leave my comfort zone.  And it took several (and I do mean several) attempts before I could come up with something that wouldn't make me totally cringe when I posted it. :) So please don't laugh too heartily at my attempt!  I think what helped me more than anything was to watch the videos Bonnie has put together. She is SO talented and explains it all so well. Just visit the Art Impressions You Tube Channel and start watching. And keep the window open on your computer cause you'll probably want to keep going back to it for information. I know I sure did!
 
I used my Tim Holtz Distress Ink markers.  I simply scribbled the ink onto my acrylic stamping block, and then picked up the color with a water brush. For lighter colors, I used more water...for darker colors - less water.  I actually used three different stamp sets from Art Impressions to create this.
 
 
 
Papers are Prima Nature Garden
Butterfly border and single butterfly are dies from Noor Design
 
 
Please be sure to visit Art Impressions Blog to see all the gorgeous creations the design team has come up with. And then we'd love it if you'd join in the new challenge of April Showers/May Flowers! Thanks so much for stopping by to see me today and hope to see you back again soon! Hugs!
 
 
 

7 comments :

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

wow, this is so beautiful and what a great design.

Janie Printz said...

Absolutely amazing Sharon !!! Ilove this creation, the gorgeous butterflies & wonderful water colored image. Love those papers too. You make me want to get "inky" !!!
hugs, Janie

Karen Steele said...

Beautiful card Sharon, your colouring is gorgeous :-)

Cynthia said...

Lovely water coloring, Sharon. Great combination of stamps as well. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sassy Raggedy said...

OMG I love this. Looks like you are a "pro" at watercoloring. I am one of those who bought all the supplies and they are sitting in a plastic bin. I must check out the videos and get busy with them. You did a wonderful job. Hugs, joann

Karen Day said...

Sharon - I love the combination of stamps you used to create your scene!! You did an awesome job, and the background you've put together is lovely :o)

Sue from Oregon said...

I really need to get that pile of water color stamps out and play with them! Very lovely!